2017 Leadership for NAPSW
It is time to think about who to nominate for the upcoming 2017 elections. WE NEED YOU to think about who is Board of Director “material”- or to volunteer yourself to run! During the May 2017 conference, we will be electing individuals for the following positions: President, Secretary, five Board of Director members, and one Nominating Committee member. We really want to provide a full ballot with many options to our membership at the time of elections.
Submitting Your Nominations
Nominations are now open and ready to be received immediately and no later than February 1, 2017 - but don’t put it off- send your nomination(s) NOW. Please consider nominating yourself or other NAPSW members you know for these positions. Candidates for Board of Director positions need to be members in good standing for one year prior to running for the Board of Directors. Candidates for Officer positions need to have served at least one term on the Board of Directors.
This is your opportunity to develop and share leadership skills and contribute to keeping NAPSW a strong, vibrant, and relevant organization.
Submit your nominations to Judie McCoyd, Chair, Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-808-7085. Send nominations ASAP but no later than February 1, 2017. Click here for the nominations form.
Debby Segi-Kovach and Mary Denato, Nominating Committee Members.
NAPSW INFORMATION AND EXPECTATIONS FOR NOMINEES
Election to a position of responsibility within NAPSW is a privilege which reflects the trust and confidence of the membership. It also is a responsibility which requires that the office holder assume an active role in the organization, investing time, energy, and effort toward helping the organization meet its goals.
Candidates for office should carefully consider the responsibilities outlined below. If willing to serve, please sign and return the form to the Nominating Committee. Retain a copy of this form for your records and for future reference regarding expectations and duties.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Candidates must be members of NAPSW in good standing for one year prior to standing for office. The term of office shall be two years, beginning July 1 following the meeting at which they are elected. The Board member shall serve for no more than two consecutive terms in the same office.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Attend the annual conference, which includes the annual Board meetings. Board meetings are usually held on Tuesday and Wednesday before the conference begins, and on Saturday morning after the conference closes.
- Return Board memo response sheets and votes via mail, fax, or e-mail, within one week of receipt.
- Participate on at least one standing or ad hoc committee in addition to other Board duties.
- Assist the President with other duties as requested.
- Assist the local planning committee at the annual conference to assure the smooth running of the conference (e.g. assist at the registration table, introduce and monitor sessions, etc).
- See By-Laws, Article IV Board of Directors; Section 4 A: Duties; 1-12.